Sunday, September 26, 2010

Out of boredom comes...

My Kids: "I'm bored"
Me: "A bored brain is a lazy brain"

But today I've been advised that I don't need to continually stimulate my kids brains - if I just let them get bored enough, creativity will emerge.

Great thought coming into day one of the school holidays. I'll keep you posted with results. Who knows though, they might create the next hit board game or compose a no.1 track to out-sell justin bieber.

Still, I'm happy if Mum & Dad don't ask for their SKY box back - we've been 'taking care' of it since the NRL matches Saturday night. Disappointing the Tigers didn't win. Poor Benji & Lote, so close and yet so far.

Sky's Disney channel even keeps me entertained sometimes - I'm ashamed to say but I actually enjoy (in small doses) a bit of Zack & Cody's suite life. I normally let the kids watch one episode of something, then it's 'Mum's Turn' and it's Channel 9 - FOOD Channel. Oh yeaah! Love watching all those fancy schmancy recipes that I'll try perhaps 2% of...one day. But it's OK, all is not lost, the kids 'like' watching cooking shows too (in small doses), so we all win :D

Bring on Monday. I'm brave, I'm happy, I'm rested & I welcome boredom that will ultimately lead to productive creativity - unless of course we cop out on boredom and end up watching countless episodes of Phineas & Ferb (a house fave) & cooking shows.

Lord help us :D On a serious note, as I blog, I am sending up a prayer for all my mummy friends, for a safe, fun & blessed time over the next 2 weeks with their little 'angels' teehee.

1 comment:

  1. "if I just let them get bored enough, creativity will emerge."

    well, if my testimony helps, that's pretty much how my blog started :D

    yes, poor benji indeed. me and my cousin watched that game, yelled at the screen so many times... sigh, no matter, my team roosters are in the final. :D

    ReplyDelete